Monday 30 January 2017

Evaluation Question 3


Q3 – powerpoint from Harry Ford


Q1, Did the MV reflect the genre?

1, No - It's quite an Indie song.
Upon reflection, due to the fast paced song, I thought it would work well with more vibrant colours. However, using more subdued colours might have represented the genre, but I feel the Mise en scene did reflect this.

2, Yes - Well acted - Narrative reflects genre.
Looking back, I am happy with the results as 11/12 people felt our MV met the genre.

Q2, Strong star image?
Only three people said No to this answer and I am pleased overall with the result as it tells me I created a strong star image.

Q3, Did you understand the narrative?
Yes - 'It was a couple breaking up Morgan's girlfriend is mardy and it links to the lyrics'.


Q4, Did the editing make anything clear?
Yes - It worked well and made everything seamless.
Each of the results were similar to each other and this pleases me as editing was a challenge to us.

Q5, Which locations do you feel worked well?
Most of the answers were either the shots at the train station or kitchen due to it reflecting the lyrics. These answers were good as we intentionally chose these locations due the link o the lyrics.

Q6, Did you see a specific shot that you thought was really effective?
The majority of the answers were the shot reverse shot but in different locations; Dinner and train station. I thought this was great as it creates a great narrative for the characters and their emotions.

Q7, Would the music video encourage you to listen to the artist?
Yes, definitely = 6
No = 6
The results were equal but I wouldn't take it as a success due to there no being a margin between the two but I am pleased with the feedback.

Q8, Do you think there is a strong brand identity between the MV and ancillaries?
Most of the feedback said that most of the products had synergy within but towards the advert was weak. I think this was because we had to use a separate image for it due to the way we planned it out.  


Overall, I am very pleased with the results as it proves I created a successful main feature to the MV. I found TA research feedback useful throughout this project.

1 comment: